View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 09:17 AM   #28
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I now have the new firmware on my Jetbook.

Here are some observations:

1) Some .prc files that previously displayed garbage are now displaying correctly.

2) Justified text loses its setting and reverts back to left-justification if you leave that and open another text. Previously, everything worked ok.

3) The big, big disappointment: Many, many TXT files (the freebies that came on the Jetbook) now have all paragraphs into one big paragraph. This was one of the beauties of the Jetbook, in that TXT files could just be copied and pasted into the Jetbook's memory or onto a card.

-----

I may go back to the original firmware (if that's possible), or wait for a Patch to this version.

Anyone else noticed these issues I've mentioned?

I want to especially thank jgray and Kris77 for their help and advice. Also, a special 'thank you' to all the other Jetbook owners who also think this Reader is a very neat Reader, indeed!

(Now, just make .lit files accessible....

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote