View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #42
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollercoaster View Post
Well it appears there are two methods to do this. The first is straight forward. Lets try it...
Looking at this, I don't see any straightforward way to do this. Calibre's recipe system isn't set up at this low level of sending GET/POST. It operates at a higher level. Yes, we could start digging down into the code, to override the methods, but that's deeper than I want to go for something I don't use.

For example:

Quote:
After all feeds have been processed, make a GET request to "http://www.google.com/reader/atom/user/-/state/com.google/reading-list?n=1" and from the received XML(see Reference Feed structure) extract the feed id and timestamp values.
There's no problem reading and extracting the feed id and timestamp values with def_browser, but def_browser operates before the articles are pulled. That's what we want to do for authorization and login, but here it needs to wait until "After all feeds have been processed." I don't know of any way to do this after the articles have been fetched.

Here's another problem:
Quote:
If possible, do it after the ebook as been generated and saved successfully so that conversion or other external errors done mess this up.
AFAICT, the recipe runs first to produce HTML, then the conversion runs to build the EPUB. The recipe has stopped before the EPUB is started. Nothing in the recipe can tell if the EPUB was successful.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm going to focus on a couple of other things of interest to me in Calibre code.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote