View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 08:19 AM   #9
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Thanks!

Okay, the Jetbook is not obeying the CSS. The word "Inscription" should be suppressed -- it's just there in the HTML as a way to delineate the book. All the sections of the book have a header, just to be consistent -- but there's no reason to see all of them.

As for the arrows -- they're three images, squares with symbols on them. I'm surprised that they don't show up at all... ??

And the cover is a 600x800 PNG -- it may be bigger than the Jetbook can display.

Try converting it into an ePub -- it may look better. Then again, it may not. It sounds like it's using FBReader, and FBReader cannot display either HTML or ePub very well.

Again, thanks for the info. I hope that Ectaco improves the CSS handling in the Jetbook. I won't buy one until it does. Which may be quite a long time, as I don't think the FBReader boys really have a fire for getting CSS to work.

m a r
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote