View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 08:27 AM   #56
hrosvit
Moron
hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Galaxy Note 2, Nook ST
My iOS 6 upgrade experience was a mixed bag. The iPad 3 updated without a hitch, but the iPhone 4 really tried my patience. Tried OTA three times, only to have the download terminate each time just prior to completion. So I hooked it up to iTunes and did it that way. This time, just before completion, it told me the download was "corrupted", and stopped, leaving my iPhone trapped in recovery mode. So I had to restore it to factory settings, and the first two times I restored it, it just returned immediately to recovery mode. At this point, I was really pissed off, having spent about three hours waiting for it, and now possessing a fancy paperweight. But the third time I restored it, it came back to life, and, miraculously, now had iOS 6. What it didn't have was any of my apps, which I had to re-install. It also gave me fits connecting to wifi networks after the update. It finally seemed to get its act together this morning, and seems to be okay. In terms of the OS, meh. Not really noticing much to write home about at this point. Siri on the iPad is neat, but, ultimately, not really all that useful. And since I have the lowly iPhone 4, no Siri for me.
hrosvit is offline   Reply With Quote