View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 09:01 AM   #8
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Here in the UK (and I think the same applies for much of Europe) we have the annoying situation that ebooks are subject to the full rate of VAT (17.5%, likely to rise under the new government to 20%), but physical books are zero-rated. This is related to an EU directive that HarryT refers to elsewhere - EBooks are regarded as a download, like software.

Geo restrictions notwithstanding, I try to get as many books as I can in the US as not only is the price cheaper most of the time, the tax is lower too.

suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote