View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #26
Bob Houston
Bob Houston knows what time it isBob Houston knows what time it isBob Houston knows what time it isBob Houston knows what time it isBob Houston knows what time it isBob Houston knows what time it isBob Houston knows what time it isBob Houston knows what time it isBob Houston knows what time it isBob Houston knows what time it isBob Houston knows what time it is

Device: Kindle
Windows 8 - 64 bit.
I've been following this thread with great interest because I was hoping that the Nbsp problem was solved. I'm not sure that it is.

I followed the advise to "Clean on open", with both print tidy and then also with HTML tidy. No success.

I built a short epub that consisted of:
titlepage.xhtml
NbspTestFrontPage_split_000.html
NbspTestFrontPage_split_001.html - This split contained all of the blank spaces to be fixed.

The epub opens fine in v0.7.2.

What I noticed when the epub was opened in v0.7.3, was that the Doctype entry was inserted into titlepage.xhtml and also into NbspTestFrontPage_split_000.html.

But, in NbspTestFrontPage_split_001.html, the spaces were replaced with &nbsp and then it looks like the process had an error and didn't insert the Doctype entry and then issued the error messages as noted previously in this thread.

If the process was reversed and the Doctype entry was inserted first and then the spaces changed to &nbsp, would it make a difference?

Bob

Last edited by Bob Houston; 08-09-2013 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity.
Bob Houston is offline   Reply With Quote