View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #37
Ankh
Guru
Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalawyer View Post
A compliance culture is more than just whether or not the CEO knows something is wrong in a particular instance, it's about whether everyone in a management position both knows and respects laws that the corporation needs to comply with.

In any event, my comment wasn't a defense of Apple or Steve Jobs, because really it's irrelevant whether or not he knew what he was doing was illegal. Although if he didn't, then Apple's in-house lawyers failed at their jobs; saying that Apple's lawyers failed does not mean I"m absolving Steve Jobs of anything.
My apologies, what I was trying to say did not come clear.

The e-mail is obviously written by Steve Jobs, he had a special position in Apple, and what he did does not necessarily demonstrate what is happening with rank and file Apple employees (here, management). For all I know, a majority of Apple employees might be equally scandalized by the content of e-mail. Or not. I can not say.
Ankh is offline   Reply With Quote