View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 02:47 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigajr View Post
Is this new firmware a joke?
  • Four to five months and only a mandatory battery meter correction?
  • Faster transfer speeds when using 4GB MS? What is going on? We cannot even have some type of subfolder navigation ability. I have to organize books on my hard disk and carry only what I am reading or planning to read. Come on, fill a 4GB MS with books? Am I a clown to Sony? Flipping through hundreds of books?
  • Improved handling of white bands on the audio playback screen? Well, priority was improving audio playback screen? I cannot believe that. Now I have a stable and enormous ipod.
  • Addresses security vulnerabilities? What? Which one?
Sorry people, I have lost hope with firmware improvements.

Tiga Jr.
We have discussed the folder issue ad nausiam. The reason that it doesn't have folder support is without doubt because the ordinary man in the street, the non computer expert, does not understand or want folder support, and finds them confusing and baffling. Add folders and Sony would be flooded with support calls of the "I've downloaded a book and stored it on my Reader and now it's vanished" type. Don't believe me? Ask anyone who has to deal with the public on a computer support desk.

Why would you expect "new" functionality in the bug fix update such as this. You knew the capabilities of the system when you bought it; Sony have no obligration to provide you with new stuff free of charge. These updates are to fix bugs, and that's what they do.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote