View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
Videos of my Nook with nookLauncher

Ok, I softrooted my Nook yesterday, because I was curiouse, what possibilities I have. The sooftrooting itself was pretty easy, it is basicly like installing a new firmware. The step by step instructions on the nook dev site is very good. I only put the modified 1.2 firmware on. I have not done anything yet with the root shell and the android stuff, since I don't know at the moment, what this is good for.

There are a bunch of apps, that come with the modified firmware. I have not checked them all yet. I guess some of them are not interesting for me, but for the 2 I realy like, the softroot was worth it. If you do the softroot, please read all instructions carefully. I don'T know, how it is with the warranty etc. Since I live in Germany, I don't have any warranty anyway.

Sorry for the bad sound quality, I guess something is wrong with my webcam. So now I hope, I can show you a little bit, what nookLauncher can do, and how it opens up your possibilities on your Nook. I like it a lot.

So here are 3 little videos. The first one is basicly how the new 1.2 Nooklauncher looks like and how you can customize it's menu to what you need.

I'm still at the beginning of using the NookLauncher, so if I explained something wrong, than let me know.

I still have not found out, where my bookmarked own links e.g. calibre connection, are stored. It is suppose to be in "My Feeds" but I have not found that folder yet.

NookLauncher set up:

My Books app

Trook app

mos is offline   Reply With Quote