View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #15
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by arooni View Post
How can I check battery health? I do have a multimeter; but have never tried to check a battery before; and I think there are more than two pins on the Kindle battery.

Best,
David
You really need to load test a battery. Measuring the "no load" voltage is not a reliable indicator of battery health (how long it lasts between charges).

A bricked kindle will often completely discharge the battery just while sitting unused. When completely discharged, it can take up to 20 hours to recharge the battery in "low power" (100mA) mode. A bricked K3 does not recharge reliably while connected to a computer.

If you kindle really is bricked, you no longer need to use the serial port to debrick it (as mentioned above). The "simple debricking" method has been adapted for the K3 (using the freescale "Advanced Toolkit" program). There is a "dev corner" thread for that.

Be sure to give the battery a fresh charge just before attempting to debrick it. It can go dead rather quickly when bricked if the CPU is "always busy" (perhaps making the battery and CPU a bit warm in the process).

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-08-2012 at 07:09 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote