View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 05:55 AM   #16
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheinz View Post
GRiker,

It occurs to me from digging around that it might work if calibre generated a *.scpt file then executed it with osascript. Might only be a temporary fix, however, if Apple is really going to eliminate scripting.

Hmmm... I assume that means Automator is gone, too...
If you take a look at the Apple driver code you will see that there are dozens of calls to iTunes in any given transfer operation. If someone wants to tackle re-engineering the Apple driver to use this approach, they're welcome to tackle it, but it's not something I'm going to do.

I believe what we're seeing is the first step of iTunes becoming fully sandboxed.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote