View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #39
wesleyer
Connoisseur
wesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enoughwesleyer will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhEmGee! View Post
He confirms he has an older version of the script.
Er, when asked he hesitates to admit it, but he doesn't understand the second part of your post. You're saying it's not worth it to update the script since it wont work on something/what?
Well, let me put this way: getting the PID is not an end in itself. People usually get the PID to do something with it after that.

One of the possible things to do with the PID (or so I was told), was to remove the DRM protection from books. This usually involved running another script which had the PID as input. My source told me that for books downloaded to 2.5.x devices, that script will not work anymore.

Other possible thing to do with the PID is to buy DRM protected books from other providers. My source doesn't know if this is still working.

But fixing the PID script is easy (see Talldog's post just before mine), and it will correctly output the PID.

Last edited by wesleyer; 07-24-2010 at 12:14 PM.
wesleyer is offline   Reply With Quote