View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 05:41 AM   #9
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
I love reading from my Galaxy Note, and can do it for hours.

After much experimentation I settled on Moon+ Pro reader. I also did a lot of experimentation on colorschemes, only to arrive at completely black text on a completely white background (and reversed night view), which gives a very clear picture in almost all circumstances except direct sun on the screen. The adjustable brightness is used to reach optimal visibility. Only problem with a white background is that it uses far more juice then a black background, since the Note has an OLED display.
screen setting is dynamic/max brightness/no auto-adjust.

for me the Note was an answer to a prayer; before it came out, I found smartphones had a too small too low-res screen to use as a book reader. The Note changed all that. Since it also has a very decent sound quality, good video recording functions, excellent GPS possibilities and reasonable picture quality, and great organiser options it replaced a lot of electronics I used to carry around; now my Note is the only device I need when I step out of the door. Indoors I alternate between my Ipad4 and the Note for ereading.
dura is offline   Reply With Quote