View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #16
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughdal View Post
Probably no one following tis thread anymore but I did want to report I solved the problem. It wasn't the credit card or the software or a Barnes & Noble problem. What is was, I was trying to buy books while physically in the UK from the B&N US site. As the books weren't published yet in the UK, the software was tossing me out. It would of been helpful if the error message was more specific but there you have it. After all his frustration with B&N I took delivery on a Kindle Paperwhite yesterday.

The Glowlight was a fantastic e-reader let down by, I believe, a badly run parent company.

Hughdal
B&N is not an international company. The B&N US website has only the rights to sell ebooks in the US (or to people with an US credit card outside the US).
In the UK you have to buy your books from B&N's UK website.
You are trying to buy books from the wrong website!

It works the same with Kindle. In the UK you have to buy your books from Amazon UK. You are not allowed to buy books from Amazon US.
So the Kindle Paperwhite is also " let down by a badly run parent company".
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote