View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #13
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
If you are invested in Apple products, go with the iPad.

If you are invested in Amazon products, go with Kindle Fire HD.

Going back many years I've always been able to buy Dell PC's for half the price of Apples and was well satisfied with Dell. Dell is also not protective while Apple always was protective especially with music.

Here are some problems just disclosed today on the iPad Mini:

1. The screen of the iPad Mini is 7.9 inches on the diagonal, making it larger than the 7-inch screens of the competitors.

2. Battery life for the new device is reported to be 10 hours.

3. The iPad Mini will not come with retina display, as the newest iPad and iPhone do. Apple had heavily touted the retina display in previous devices.

The big reason for us eBook readers to stay loyal to Amazon is the prices on eBooks. Apple joined a group of publishers to keep prices high. Amazon fought to keep prices low. Amazon is consumer friendly while Apple wants to keep brand name prices high.

My main reason is that all my songs are purchased from Amazon and do not have device or other limits. Apple protects all songs including those we may have purchased from Amazon and limits the numbers of devices one can play them.

For a nominal fee one can eliminate special offers on the Amazon Kindles. I have done that on my units.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-23-2012 at 04:33 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote