View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #6
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
When the T1s were announced and I saw the high gloss finish and curved bottom, I started hunting down another 350 as a spare (finally found one brand new for $129).

* Bigger screen - also means bigger physical size where it would no longer fit in a lot of my jacket/coat pockets and definitely not my tiny purse I use in the summer (I hate carrying a purse, so have one as small as possible to hold the reader and a few other things for when it's too hot to even wear a vest with pockets).

* Better font sizing and font choices - PRS+ already gives me that, any font I want to use that's in existence and custom css files let's me change the size to them all.

* WiFi - not needed for myself, I prefer keeping my library sorted with Calibre on my PC and then sideload to the reader. If I buy anything, I always buy through my PC and sideload to the reader.

* Shiny frame (what was Sony thinking?!) - Deal breaker for me, absolutely hate the high gloss finish. You're right, what were they thinking. I also hate that curved bottom instead of a straight edge like the x50s have.

* Reports of crashing and instability ?!?!? - Agree there too, my 350 has never given me any problems at all, even using PRS+. How can I justify trading that for known problems.

* The new Reader software sounds buggy, so managing book collections might be a problem ??? - Yes again. There's just no way I can see myself liking the T1.

Faster processor... not very fast when the reader keeps locking up and needs to be restarted, so that's not something really important in the scheme of things.

Audio... I can't remember the last time I listened to an ebook, but if I did want to, I have my cell phone, a tiny 1" .mp3 player, and 3 PCs I can listen to them on. Definitely don't need audio on my ereader.

I'm happy I have a spare 350 now (although I would still kill to get one in blue), and I'm not even tempted by the T1.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 10-10-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote