View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 12:54 PM   #6
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
I like e-ink and really like my Kindle. But eye strain has never been a huge issue for me. I've gotten used to it being tied to computers for most of my adult life (and before--since high school really).

And especially the LED monitors are much easier on my eyes than the old LCD ones. Add in that I seldom read for more than 30-120 minutes and I can pretty much read on anything.

I'll keep my Kindle around, but I'm very interested in something like the iPad once they get the kinks worked out, there's something similar with stylus handwriting etc. I may still keep the Kindle around for novel reading, but I'd do my work related reading on the tablet.

So I'd say I like e-ink a lot, but I'm not completely wed to it like many as my eyes aren't that sensitive and I'm not a super avid reader to the point where it really matters anyway.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote