View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #62
dos1
20% cooler.
dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
They are obligated to fulfill the offer,
but there is no time limit to **when** they fulfill the offer.

The reality is that I made a statement which you questioned.
I am only defending my own statement.

The terms of the license does not say "when" (they have to provide you with the source code <- which was the context to the post I replied to).

Attempts to divert the topic will not lessen my defense of my statement.
Of course, offer says how long it will take to proceed it. But no, read again your first post about that - you implied that if they don't provide sources in 3 years, they don't have to do that anymore. That's not the case.

If offer says "go to this URL to download", then if URL doesn't work within those 3 years it's a violation.
If offer says "send us your address and you'll get source code on CD within 2 weeks", then if it won't arrive within 2 weeks it's a violation.
If offer says "send us your address and you'll get source", then if you won't get it in some reasonable time, it's a violation.

What does "reasonable time" in that last case mean - court will decide.

If there's no offer and no sources attached at all - it's an automatic violation :P
dos1 is offline   Reply With Quote