View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 12:31 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
On the Liquvista "demos" at CES

I wasn't going to post this becuase the news was rather thin. But then I noticed that a bunch of sites (including Teleread) had posted about the demo ereaders at CES. I want to set the record straight.

The so-called "Bebook prototype with Liquavista display" was not a prototype. The screen did not work. It basically was a 6" piece of plastic glued into an empty shell. It was a mock up, not a demo.

There were no prototype ereaders in Liquavista booth. The only demos were lab samples, and they were bolted to the counter.

That being said, there are actually two new screens under development. One is gray scale and the other is color. The color screen will be released after the gray scale screen. I also have solid information on the availability. The new screen tech is no where near ready to be released. The current projected release date for e-readers with this screen is first quarter 2011.

The projected cost is at the same level as LCDs with only 1/10 the power usage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0288.JPG
Views:	762
Size:	785.9 KB
ID:	43049   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0291.JPG
Views:	667
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	43050   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0292.JPG
Views:	675