View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #1179
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
If it's really IR, it would have been highly interesting.
Yes, it is IR. Whoever edited that Wiki page probably just missed it.

Quote:
“Sony was actually the first to license and include Neonode’s infrared touch-screen technology in last year’s PRS-350, PRS-650, and PRS-950 Readers. Since then, both Barnes & Noble and Kobo have incorporated the technology into their latest touch-screen e-readers. Because that technology uses infrared sensors to register touch gestures on screen, it’s allowed e-reader manufacturers to make touch-screen interfaces without adding an extra screen layer that reduces contrast”
- Cnet News, August 31, 2011, “Sony Reader Wi-Fi Puts Kindle in It’s sights”
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Question to me: Where's the improvement in the new T1 then? Is it just the price? About half the price of the former units...
The Wiki calls the display of T1 "Dual Touch IR", whereas the other Sony readers only are called "IR"?!
Frankly, I see the PRS-T1 as more of a downgrade. Supposedly, it's an upgrade over the 6" PRS-650 (faster CPU, inclusion of Wi-Fi, etc) but the earlier PRS-x50 models just look and feel better. I reckon the Dual Touch IR means it has the ability to support two-finger gestures such as pinch, etc (if the firmware allows for it).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote