View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 08:17 AM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
I've been toying with Opera a bit, and overall I like the experience much better. Overall it seems about the same speed as Silk, though to be fair it is usually loading the mobile version of the websites rather than the full version. That's an advantage in some respects though, since many sites are a lot easier to read on a 7" screen when they're optimized.

I'd like to keep Silk around in case I continue to run in to trouble with certain sites though (as I do with Gizmodo, for instance) but there's a thing that happens when there are two browsers installed on the Fire that makes doing that a little hard; sometimes when I click a link in either browser, the Fire displays a pop-up asking whether I want to open the link in Silk or Opera. There is a way to set one as the default, but I'm not sure how I would set it back if I wasn't able to use Opera for some things. Anyone know if that's a setting that can be reversed somehow?

It's very simple to clear an App that opens by default. It's also important to know because when you find an App that you prefer over another you want to be able to use that App by default (e.g. Documents to Go instead of Quick Office).

Select Settings --> More (+) --> Applications --> Choose all Apps from the drop down menu. Locate the App that opens by default (e.g. Browser, Opera etc.). Touch the App and another window will open. If the App is set by default, you can touch Clear Defaults in the Launch by Default section. The next time you open a browser, assuming this is what you cleared defaults on, you will be prompted with the Complete Action Using pop-up again from which you can select the App you want to use by default.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-23-2011 at 08:45 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote