Thread: Touch Kobo *not* turning on...
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Kobo *not* turning on...

Well, I haven't had my Kobo randomly turn on yet...

But has anyone had this problem/bug/whatever yet? I just did...

After my initial battery charge of last week (on a replacement Kobo Touch), and seeing that last night I was at about 50%, I recharged to full.

Then I read a bit; an hour or so. Went back to "Home," then Powered off. I'll guess I was at 98 or 99% charge at that time.

Today - when I attempted to Power On, I slid the button, got the quick green light, then set the reader down to get my reading light.

The reader did not power on. In fact, there was no response after repeated attempts. Meaning...no light at all. Not green, not blue.

Called Kobo. Was directed to plug into computer. Nothing - no lights to be seen, no Powering up after repeated attempts. Computer wouldn't recognize the device, either. *I* thought outloud to the service guy, "Should I try another USB cable?" He said okay. So I did - and it worked.

How bizarre; the cable I had first used to make my first Touch finally "get recognized" by my computer in the first place, and which I used for the initial charge on this replacment device, did not work for this particular issue

But still...isn't it odd that the device wouldn't even turn on in the first place? And after a full charge?

Last edited by beautifulsoup; 07-23-2011 at 10:15 PM.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote