View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
ereader22
ereader22 began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple color
Sharing/Moving Calibre Library to 2nd PC

Hi,
I've been using calibre for quite a while on a single PC without problems. Now I have the following issue..My elderly parent, who live a long distance away have an ereader which I priously loaded my then existing calibre library. They have a PC, but no internet access. So as I gather new books, I add them to MY Calibre, and download the typ. Metadata (Cover etc.).

Now, I need to be able to send them a CD/DVD with newer books, to be incorporated into their local Calibre on their PC. Normally I would simply send them the basic (say epub or Mobi files) and they could ADD them to their Calibre. But, in that case, they would not have the metadata I d/l'd off the web.

As I read, calibre has a certain structure and also a database..so I assume a simple copying of files/folders is not the way to go? Can someone explain the easiest way to accomplish this task? In the end, it seems like a calibre function such as 1. Export an existing Library(etc) and 2. Merge that into the Library of the other Pc functionally describes the need. IDEAS Please!
ereader22 is offline   Reply With Quote