View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 12:23 PM   #101
tmf2
Zealot
tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 Kindle PW
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
We can only speculate, but it is possible Amazon recognizes that outspoken forums can impact public views on the PW. MR seems to be the leading forum to challenge the PW quality. I think they were just doing damage control and trying to hand pick a few good units for you and Xendela. I truly hope they fix the problems with the PW, but to be honest I seriously doubt they will. The fix will be in the 2nd generation, if even then. I've NEVER seen any eInk device with an added layer on top of the eInk screen that didn't look like the filling inside of a baby's diaper! I really don't think any light layer will EVER work correctly. They need to find another solution. And they need to return to the IR touch screen rather than that gawd awful capacitive layer.
I think the problem is more then likely due to the capactive layer, buy hey......what do I know. I returned my last one for a refund. As a side note tracking can be done via the tracking code on the return label.
tmf2 is offline   Reply With Quote