View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #1041
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movendi View Post
Epubs don't continously scroll smooth. It just abruptly changes to the next page when you click previous/next page. However when reading a pdf it scrolls nicely as if you're scrolling a website on chrome. Why would they change this functionality for epub???
Of course it changes pages, it's a book. ePub pages will normally reflow to fit the screen size, therefore what is visible on screen is the whole page. You don't expect to see the whole chapter of a paper book to be one massive page, so why would you expect an ebook reader to behave differently?

Granted, they could include an option I suppose for allowing this behaviour, but I'm not sure how popular it would be.

You do expect this in a PDF due to the fact that for the most part that are not reflowable. So a PDF page could be a fixed size, like A4, which would not well fit on a small screen device like a phone or a tablet.

This would mean that to see the whole page on the screen, you would need to zoom out to a point where it would most likely be unreadable. So you zoom in and see a section of the page, then scroll to the next section until you have read the whole page, you then move on to the new page.

The behaviour for both ePub and PDF as it is now, to me is very sensible and how I (and I imagine a large majority) would use it.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote