View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankieGom View Post
David,
The device main storage does not mount properly when plugged into a PC so there is no database to open. I guess the reason it works is because the part of the storage that holds the firmware is not exposed to the PC.
Your right. I just reread the symptoms reported and I think I connected them wrong.
Quote:
I'm actually starting to wonder whether formatting from Windows, to restore a readable partition, followed by a factory reset would work... After all, main storage only shows a 1.4GB partition, which corresponds to the size of /mnt/onboard (i.e the partition where the database and all the books reside). Formatting, if it worked, would loose all content but at least the device would be fully functional again.
Unless Kobo comes up with something, this is probably the way to go. I have always assumed the factory reset reformats the visible portion, but maybe it just deletes all the files. If the underlying storage is having problems, Windows might show some errors that wouldn't be visible if the factory reformat did the format.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote