View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #257
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Molen View Post
I never claimed they were handy. I only claim it's not more complex. Having more than one program to do the same thing isn't a problem, I just ignore what I don't want. No folders and hundreds of icons in the start screen isn't a problem either. I've placed the icons I use most often on my main Metro interface, everything else is hidden from view. I never use the full screen apps, so they don't bother me either.
This is where you make the big mistake. The way Windows 8 works maybe doesn't bother YOU, but it does bother ME, and many other people.

Maybe it's not more complex than Windows 7, and the only thing is indeed that it is different. Fair enough. In that case, it comes down to:

"Does someone like the new way of working?"

In my case, it's "No". The difference is just that: a difference, and I don't see this new way of doing things as an improvement with regard to my daily computing tasks. I actually find the new way of working annoying. In the end, I'm just doing the same stuff in a different way, or am jumping through hoops (such as disabling Metro and installing a third party Start-menu) to get things done, and get them done in the way I like them. Many people seem to agree with me, when you take the lowly sales figures of Windows 8 into account.

Don't think I'm bashing Windows either: I've been using Windows since NT4 in 1996, and I was among the first to upgrade, even to Vista. I've never had any problems to speak of (even did some upgrades from XP to Vista, and some from Vista to 7, which all went fine, if you know what you're doing), and I always saw a good reason to upgrade. Now, with Windows 8, for the first time, I'm not seeing it, except if I want "to do things differently".

Last edited by Katsunami; 04-18-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote