View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 02:42 AM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
Hmm... I created a custom column #pseudonym in which I list any pen names the author released the story under.
I have one of those. The trouble is it breaks a good relational model.
(custom cols only link to Title)
Author-> Pseudo (1-M) (includes the real name in the list)
eg. Stephen King - Stephen King, Richard Bachman as well as any metadata variants of those

Pseudo is related to a Real name author, not part of a single book as it is now being managed by us

Title -> Pseudo or Title -> Real
In reality we ARE really working with the Pen name {authors}, since all the pen name can exist there. a new table: Realname (1-M) needs to link to all the pen names in {authors}

I sure can't code this.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote