Thread: Touch Is the Kobo Touch dead?
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 03:24 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
When the touch came out the wifi was apparently going to get another firmware update (it didn't) and was shown on the Kobo website along with the Touch and Vox right up until the announcement of the Mini and Glo.
Based on that, the Touch will be around until the next models after the Mini and Glo are announced. That makes sense to me.

Quote:
I strongly suspect that there will be one more firmware update and that is it - unless of course Kobo have come to their senses are realised they can write one firmware to run effectively on all three devices and keep the touch as a viable product.
Well, apparently they have come to their senses. They have stated that the Touch, Mini and Glow will share firmware.

I am surprised that they haven't release new firmware. But, as I stated before, they seem to be working to make sure it is right.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote