View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 03:44 PM   #13
ssahnan
Enthusiast
ssahnan is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle3g, kindle touch, kindle fire, kindle ipad 1 and 2, kindle iphon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBlaze View Post
I still don't have the update....how much better is scrolling now? While it isn't too bad for me, it's certainly not as smooth as the ipad. Can the scolling be compared to the ipad now after the update?
Depends, the scrolling in general seems better as far as wandering around the fire, scrolling within the silb browser, not so much. It's remarkable just how unbelievably bad that browser turned out to be compared to how it was touted pre-launch. I find it unusable. I do use my fire for other things besides reading kindle ebooks but when it comes to browsing, i go to my iphone 4s or ipad2. I guess other browsers can be installed on the fire but I have such an aversion built up to web browsing on that thing from the silk experience, I think i'm just programmed to never use it for that now

I still haven't encountered a double click yet either so maybe for some not a great update for me, it's starting to feel more like a real tablet. Feels a little zippier deleting stuff off the carousel was great too
ssahnan is offline   Reply With Quote