View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 08:37 PM   #21
ig88
Gadget Guy
ig88 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iLiad - iPhone - OSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaHuguet View Post
Anyway, 600 dollars isn't that much, you know... I work in the telecomm area of our IT dept., and I spend all day getting smartphones for our directives; an HTC TyTn is more expensive than the iPhone,
As an iPhone owner, I can say the iPhone is definitely worth $600.00--It is one of those things that the TL is more than the sum of its parts... You can read the reviews, you can watch the demos online, but until you have this thing and use it, you don't fully realize its value, much of which is interface and useability.
Maybe some would say the same about the iLiad? There are other devices that do simialr things that the iLiad does and are cheaper. Are they the same (mine is a day a way via UPS, so I cannot comment definitively).?

or TiVo? There are other devices that do similar things that a TiVo does for less money. But they are defintely not the same (I have a TiVo Series III).

The iPhone is the same thing. (That is not to say the the next version is going to be a lot better, and there are things about the iPhone that I wish worked differently, many of which can be changed in software updates, some will require new hardware.) But, judging by these forums, that can be said for the iLiad as well--although I think the iPhone v1 was a little closer to the target mark! I bought an iPhone, and ditched my Treo 700p, and even though in some ways the Treo 700 does more, I wouldn't even think of going back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaHuguet View Post
for example, and we already have several in our company, and my boss (among others) pays around $50 monthly fees, 'cause he has "flat rate", although it's limited to 1Gb, hehe. I think the real hullabaloo is because most people weren't really looking at phones in that price range until the iPhone showed up.
ALL iPhone plans included UNLIMITED data. (Although it is on the slower EDGE network).
ig88 is offline   Reply With Quote