View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 03:30 AM   #6
Snorkledorf
Blue. Not sad...just blue
Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ridibooks Paper Pro
That's so cool! I don't know if I'm ready to muck with my own firmware just yet, but I think it's a great idea to hack it. Keep Amazon on their toes!

That said, though the Chinese text is beautiful (and I love their menus and stuff), the mono-spaced English font (in post #33 of the thread) causes blood to pour out of my eyes... Kerning is not optional, it's the life blood of good-looking Western text.

The PDF font darkening is something I've wanted ever since I started putting my own scanned-and-PDF'ed books onto my K2i. They all display very washed out on the e-ink screen and I haven't figured out just how to massage them to display better (in Photoshop before I combine the individual page images as PDF). I have lots of these scans though, so having an on-board PDF darkener would be a godsend to me.

I'll be keeping an eye on this!
Snorkledorf is offline   Reply With Quote