View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 09:02 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I don't think it's a matter of eInk vs. the world. I see it as non-backlit (including the Toshiba LCD) vs. backlit.

The premise of the non-backlit screens is that they are noticeably easier on the eyes for many people.

If the premise is true, then the market for non-backlit screens shouldn't diminish because of the marketing power of backlit screen companies.
One of the problems with a lot of LCD is sunlight. If the LCD is not good in direct sunlight, then it won't work as a reader. The GPS I have is LCD and terrible in direct sunlight. But the way it's mostly used, it's mounted in the car such that it does not get hit with direct sunlight. My cell phone is not wonderful in direct sunlight. Again LCD. My 505 being eink is wonderful in direct sunlight.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote