View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #9
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Thanks Wombat, but I AM scared to finish the 0.6.2 in 0.7.1. And since I don't have to (I'm like 95% done with the first two) I'm like, Why risk it?

And I don't even know what the "auto-tidy" functions are, let alone am I not always making sure they're off.

Think you could explain this a bit? Thanks.
In Edit/Preferences/Clean Source turn off all options to do ANYTHING automatically. Don't turn them on until you understand what they do. Information is easily available.

You have a good instinct - finish any project in the program it started in. There's probably no need in this case, but sure, keep that option open. Before starting an editing session on an epub you always make a safety copy, don't you, just in case it all goes belly-up? Well, this time make an extra one, and store it particularly carefully! That's your insurance. In the unlikely event that 0.7.1 ruins your book (or the slightly more likely one that you get confused by the new ways of the new program and mess something up:-) nothing is lost.

Epub files are completely portable between different versions of Sigil. It's not like some programs that keep introducing new, non-backward-compatible storage formats.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote