View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #100
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
JIT (just in time) conversion workflow does not allow for fine tuning of each format. You get what the converter sends you.
Calibre only remembers the last used format, book unique, settings. For different (from the stored) formats, you just get the one in Preferences.
It took me a few minutes but I think I finally understood that.

So. Maybe this issue is another good reason to use 2 libraries, one for incomings and cleanups, and one for finals (e.g., my old Add Library, Main Library set-up). Then just leave all the incomings original formats in the first library if the rule is to retain them, and move all higher quality formats to the second library with appropriate format rating tag.