View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #36
thermopyle
Enthusiast
thermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by reech View Post
I'll then combine this with AKC, and see what happens... (and I'll see if the DRM issue is there as well)

BTW, AKC author, have *you* successfully run it multiple times? As in loaded some on, run it, reset, saw it's okay, added more books, run it, reset, etc... Just want to see if *that's* the issue as well - although I can't see why it would be.
Yes, I was using this on my own Kindle until I got all the bugs I could find out, and continue to do so now. Trust me, there was some back and forth, and it took a few approaches to the problem before I figured out what worked. I also deleted and reloaded the books on my Kindle a few times in order to experiment with folder output options and plugboards. That's actually the reason that I missed the problem with multiple *.mbp files in the same collection; since I deleted the books I had no *.mbp files. When I tested that it was ignoring those correctly I simply opened up a book, read a bit of it, then made sure AKC! skipped the resulting .mbp file. There didn't seem to be any reason to try multiple *.mbp files.

Are you still having the issue you described earlier, where AKC! is not generating the collections correctly? If so, please send me your collections.json file so I can take a look. Please also include a listing of the files in your Kindle's document directory. You can do that by typing this at the command prompt while in the documents directory:

dir /s /b > books.txt

That will output a list of all your books to a text file called books.txt.
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote