View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 03:20 PM   #9
A Nonny Mouse
Connoisseur
A Nonny Mouse has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.A Nonny Mouse has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.A Nonny Mouse has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony prs505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatecra5her View Post
Waterstones have a very odd policy on the Sony readers, you cannot take them back once opened unless there's a fault, and if the fault is after so many days they won't look at it, it needs to go back to Sony.

£250 down the toilet I guess! The sad thing is, I'll probably go out and buy the cheaper PRS 300 now because I don't want to do without a reader and I can't think of any ones that rival the Sony ones!
Assuming you are in the UK go to your local Citizens advice or Trading standards office and ask what your rights are under the UK consumer protection laws.

Secondly, and more importantly, if you bought using a credit card lodge immediately a complaint with your credit card provider. They are Jointly responsible under the sale of goods act along with Waterstones who should have dealt with this not pass you to Sony, which is illegal. It is for them to prove you have mis-used it not you to prove you have not.

If you are not in the UK but did buy with a credit card you may be still covered by the UK consumer protection law.

Do a search on Mobileread for Waterstones and you will see what the considered quality of Waterstones customer service is.
A Nonny Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote