View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 06:51 AM   #224
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpman View Post
The issue of "foreign" text is only showing with books that I have FTP'd across to my Arc
If these were text files and not epubs, I'd say that was the problem (FTPing in binary mode rather than text mode) - but if it were, the epubs would be completely garbled and unloadable.

Have you tried loading them in a different reader (Aldiko, Moon+, Cool Reader, etc.)? Might just be the Kobo app (which, frankly, is VERY limited - even the firmware on the first generation physical Kobo ereader is more flexible) not liking them.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote