Thread: Touch Why I Gave Up On 2.3.1
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 06:57 AM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
I'm a simple guy (or girl... or dog...(this being the internet and all)).
Gee, for a dog on the internet, you don't want much. Maybe we need to get your Kobo to throw a stick for you to chase

I did read through it all and I have seen some on my devices but not others. I have seen reports on most and disagree with a few.
Quote:
I want my disk space on the device to be my disk space, not consumed by recommended reads and other advertising.
Recommended reads only take a single row in the database. If you download a preview, that takes space, but they only get downloaded when you ask for them. That might have changed from earlier firmware.
Quote:
I want the percentage read of the book to be displayed in the library listing.
I don't think I have heard that one before. Any ideas as to when it happens?
Quote:
I want a device to understand that if I haven't set up any WiFi networks and WiFi is set off, than I probably don't want to enable it on the fly so I can download dictionaries.
I don't think I have changed the dictionaries with the WiFi turned off before. Personally, that prompt is reasonable and something is needed so that a user who then tries to use the dictionary will know why it isn't there.
Quote:
I want proper shelf behaviour.
What does that mean?
Quote:
I want the annotations to be displayed in a specific order, not in a random one.
This is the longest standing bug I can think of. And it has always baffled me. I've looked at the database and I can't see how anyone could mess up the order like this. And that it changes when you delete an annotation adds to the mystery.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote