View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 06:21 AM   #36
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
eureka,

thanks for taking the initiative with transifex. I just signed up there, but I'm unsure of how to make sense of it.

I see that there is essentially 1 "resource" for every .properties file (every resource bundle). I also see quite a few translations for many languages already -- where do they come from?

I don't see any teams yet, or am I just looking in the wrong place? And what is the procedure for updating translations? The one that I'm currently seeing is to click on a file first, then click on a language, then change strings. Is this how it's intended to be used? Or is it rather via your command-line importer/exporter tool? (Haven't tried that yet)

BTW, I quickly took a look at the tool's source code. I'm not horribly proficient at python, but are you sure you are following the "semantics" that I "documented" at the beginning of the file? In particular, this part:
Code:
# - some properties share the same original string. In this case,        #
#   it is sufficient to define it only once. Any properties which        #
#   DO NOT provide a value (don't have a "=" inside) will take the       #
#   last value that was defined. Look a few lines down, you will         #
#   see an example with the "Done" string present in multiple files.     #
Code:
### Kindle3Locs!com.lab126.booklet.browser.resources.UIHeaderResources#progress.done.caption@de
#Erledigt
### Kindle3Locs!ebook.booklet.home.foundation.resources.CollectionsToItemResources#collectionstoitem.done.button.text@de Kindle3Locs!ebook.booklet.home.foundation.resources.ItemsToCollectionResources#itemstocollection.done.button.text@de Kindle3Locs!ebook.booklet.reader.resources.ReaderResources#gui.overlay.edit_description.done.label@de Kindle4!ebook.framework.resources.KeyboardResources#symbols.close.key.label@de
#Fertig
ebook.booklet.pdfreader.impl.resources.PDFReaderImplResources#pdfreader.pdfsearch.done=TEST
kindle.home.resources.AddToCollectionsResources#panel.donebutton.label
kindle.home.resources.ItemsToCollectionResources#panel.donebutton.label
In the above case, there would be THREE properties in 3 files all being assigned the value "TEST". Are you sure you're treating it this way?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote