View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 05:23 AM   #87
Nathanael
Groupie
Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sibrary G5
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
The odd thing is, I like many of the individual aspects of Win8, but the way they were all put together felt strange.
I admit to having hardly touched Win8. I've seen non-interactive demos, and there are certain features I, as an iPad owner, find intriguing. I'd love to be able to view two apps side by side on my iPad -- even a four-finger swipe to hop back and forth can be inconvenient -- and I'd like to see something like live tiles (aka Android's widgets) on the iPad. I run a number of apps that don't need to take the whole screen. Who needs a 10" alarm clock at night, for example?

It's mostly the aesthetics that turn me away. All those 16-color flat rectangles look like a throwback to Win3 days. And, as others here, I sit a good two arms-lengths away from 27" monitor, making a touch interface on my desktop just a little impractical.

In any case, I've already got both a tablet and a laptop (running Kubuntu); there's just no room between those to squeeze in a Surface, even edge-first.
Nathanael is offline   Reply With Quote