View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 09:39 PM   #11
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielR View Post
Hi Sameer,

I tried using both Mac OS and Windows XP, versions are:

Mac OS X 10.5.8

Windows XP Home Edition 2002 SP3

Both are laptops, both have ADE and the Kobo application installed, both are authorized/signed in on my Kobo account.

When I plug the Kobo into the computer it appears under 'Devices with Removable Storage' in XP and under 'Devices' in MacOS. It lets me browse the device, and I can add files directly to the root directory.

However, the Kobo is never recognized by ADE or the Kobo desktop application. I have tried plugging in the Kobo when these apps are running, when they aren't running, I've tried reinstalling the apps numerous times, all in different combinations...they still don't recognize the device.

I just assume it has something to do with the fact that I replaced a defective Kobo for this new one, the defective Kobo did sync to my account once before it stopped working, is there a limit to one Kobo per account? Hope this helps you guys, let me know. Gabriel
Curiouser and curiouser, and I'm sure very annoying Glad you are using a workaround for now.

It shouldn't matter that you've replaced the unit. We regularly connect many different units to the same machine, and both your OS's are supported.

Favour to ask if you. Is it possible for you to try the unit on a 3rd, fresh machine? We'll also try and reproduce the problem on our side.

In the mean time, email me at shasan at kobobooks dot com so we can contact you off-board as well.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote