View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 09:06 PM   #15
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by athlonkmf View Post
Yup.

Sure, i noticed that I get the lite-version. But that wouldn't matter, because the goal of a site is to provide info. And I got my info about the newest pixar movie.

Sure you can enjoy the flash experience if you want. Loading, hovering, sounds and all those things. Whatever rocks your bottle.

I guess it's the same thing as some people enjoys minuscule servings of food because it's some french cuisine kinda thing. Yet most would go for the largest steak.
You kind of prove my point. Thank the stars, IT guys don't run the world, or it will be a pretty dull place.

Anyway, you are obviously not the target audience for these sites, nor apparently for fusion restaurants. But others are, and that's all that counts at the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by athlonkmf View Post
... But for nike, using flash is like putting up a sign in front of your restaurant saying "Only stylish people allowed. Stylish by our standard. All other groups can go elsewhere."...
You seem to forget that virtually every computer in the world has Flash on it, so running a Flash site is anything but exclusionary. Plus, in a few months, all the major smartphones, except the iPhone, will have full Flash as well. The few out there, who actively block Flash, are inconsequential, really.

Last edited by Sonist; 02-20-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote