View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
I looked at Okular the other day -- it's pretty well embedded into KDE, isn't it? It'll pull in half the universe in dependencies. And it's another one of those "I can open anything!" apps -- probably too huge to use on a simpler machine. I wrote it off after about 10 minutes of looking at its features. It seems to see itself as a PDF reader, plus.

Its tag line "More than a Reader!" seems to sum up my point -- plus it looks like Ubuntu doesn't compile in ePub, as you mentioned. So, while I am capable enough to compile software (assuming well-documented instructions ) it seems to be way too much, both in effort and features.

I need to hit the lottery, so I can hire some damn programmers to make something right.

Thanks for responding.

m a r
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote