View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #6
apples
apples began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Hi Apples,

What kind of book is it? Is it one that you bought from Kobo and automatically synced?

If so, then you cannot get it off your Kobo into Calibre. What you will need to do is go to the Kobobooks.com page of the book in question, and download the DRM version of the book. Then you will have the actual epub version on your computer instead of the "unsharable" kobo-book (kepub).

Downloading the DRM version will actually download an "acsm" file. You will need the software Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) to open that acsm file. The acsm file will tell ADE that you have a license to read the book, and where to download the book (the download will happen automatically).

Once downloaded, you'll have the book in your ADE library. You can authorise your wife's Kobo from ADE and send the book to her Kobo from there as well.

If you want the book in Calibre, you will have to remove the DRM. To do that, google Apprentice Alf (we're not allowed to discuss DRM removal on this forum).
Hi I have been on the kobo books site and see an option for "Download options: Adobe DRM EPUB" but there is no response when I click this icon, do I ahve to repurchase the book for the DRM version?

"If so, then you cannot get it off your Kobo into Calibre. What you will need to do is go to the Kobobooks.com page of the book in question, and download the DRM version of the book"
apples is offline   Reply With Quote