View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #177
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
I disagree, actually. Mail order certainly has the advantage of being delivered right to my doorstep.
Eventually.

Quote:
That's a huge plus in convenience,
Unless you need it right away.

Quote:
and if I don't like a particular book (it happens, if not very often) I'll return it for free within 7 or so days, another thing I can't do in a B&M store.
B&N doesn't take returns?

Quote:
There is another deal-changer for us here in Europe: book-price fixing. It doesn't matter where you buy your (German) books, they cost the same everywhere: friendly neighborhood store, big chain store, Amazon & Co. (Hence the free shipping, otherwise Amazon books would be more expensive than those bought in a B&M store.)
That has nothing to do with Amazon, though.

Quote:
If and when I order books from Amazon & Co., it's because of their selection,
Which is a big advantage for Amazon or any mail order house. Warehouse space is a whole lot cheaper than retail space, so you can stock a much wider variety.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote