View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 01:55 PM   #170
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
So, what you are saying is that you prefer buying stuff from bricks and mortar shops than from the internet. Cool. Others prefer something different.
Actually, no. I haven't bought a paper book in two years, though I do occasionally drop in at the local Barnes & Noble, usually while waiting for a movie to start next door.

No, my point was that Amazon may have good service for a mail order company, but that's not good service compared to a brick & mortar store. And for books, it doesn't really make a difference, because very few people interact with employees at a book store other than at the cash register. Amazon's very good at what they do, but what they do doesn't include retail service.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote