View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #169
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taustin View Post
It's rare there's more info available than what's on the package, in my experience. You can read samples of many books, yeah, but in a book store you can read a lot more of it. On electronics goods, more often than not, I have to go to Google to find the technical specs I need. Mind you, for what they do, a web based mail order outfit, they do it well, but they're inherently limited by the format.

It's eaiser - and certainly faster - to do so in a brick & mortar store. Again, there are inherent limitations because of the mail order format.

So does Walmart.

Only if you want to do something they anticipated. When you step outside what they expect, they have a reputation of being hard to get to a real person who can actually fix the problem. Again, an inherent limitation to the mail order format.

They have, fortunately, stopped spamming, and resetting preferences to turn spamming back on, like they did in their early days.

I find a recommendation from a live salesman to be far, far, infinitely more useful than a statistical analysis from a computer.
So, what you are saying is that you prefer buying stuff from bricks and mortar shops than from the internet. Cool. Others prefer something different.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote