View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 02:35 AM   #166
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by taustin View Post
Amazon has service? Great or otherwise? I've never noticed it. They're a mail order house with more efficient communications, and mail order doesn't provide service that competes with face to face service - so long as they face to face service doesn't suck.

[1]I work for one, and have been with it as it has grown from a small regional chain to a medium sized mult-state regional chain, and what makes us unique is service, service, and service. People will pay a little more for personal service, but only if they actually get personal service. Very few retailers know how to do that any more (or, I suspect, ever really did).
There is more to great service than just a "face-to-face" experience. Amazon makes it easy to evaluate and research products, they make it easy to return the items, even ebooks can be returned. They offer and stock almost everything. They follow up questions by e-mail quickly, quite often they even replace Kindles with broken screens -- though they wouldn't really have to do that. Their automated system can, to some extent, replace a salesperson. After I have looked at an item and didn't buy it they send follow-up mails if that item has been replaced by a newer version or reduced in price. They also suggest competitive products. Now this is all automated, but I think it is good service.

Last edited by HansTWN; 02-15-2013 at 02:38 AM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote