View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #11
BruceMcF
BruceMcF began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
The Vox can sideload Aldiko (although I'd choose Mantano over Aldiko), but it can't read ADE books without an app sideloaded. Unlike the eInk Kobo's it doesn't support Adobe Adept DRM directly.
Thanks ~ as I indicated, I wasn't clear on the latter, though I'd read a detailed step by step on loading ADE via the Aldiko app on the Kobo. The Kobo eInk's being directly supported and the Vox not probably accounts for confusion on that in the coverage.

Quote:
The only other comment I'd make on the Vox is that it's no upgrade to the Nook Color. It's very similar in specs to the NC (single core processor, etc.).
I'd only reckon it an an upgrade in terms of weight and ability to run apps out of the box without rooting ~ even there the screen is widely reviewed as worse than the IPS 1024x600 in the NC and the NT is an upgrade on that, especially in direct sunlight.

While I don't place a substantial priority on whether I have to root a subsidized Android media tablet, nor on weight, the OP did seem to, and in both respects the Kobo is an improvement. I'll normally trade an ounce or two for better built quality, which the NC has over the Vox, except for the failure point of the USB power supply plug.
BruceMcF is offline   Reply With Quote